Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup–An easy and creamy chicken noodle soup recipe that is perfect for a cold day. And it’s under 300 calories per serving!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
This chicken noodle soup has all the delicious flavors of chicken soup with a little creaminess added. I really like this soup on a day when it is snowy and cold. That would be today. I’m staring out the window at the white stuff falling down and hoping that I can figure out how to not leave the house.
A few notes about this recipe:
The Cooking Time–all slow cookers cook differently. Some cook fast and hot and some cook slow and low. Get to know your own slow cooker.
The Dairy–Heavy cream is the most creamy and decadent. Half and half is still delicious. Milk doesn’t taste as good and the soup won’t be as creamy but it has less calories. Use whatever you prefer. The nutrition information listed is based on if you used half and half.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake..Print
An easy and creamy chicken noodle soup recipe that is perfect for a cold day. And it’s under 300 calories per serving!
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 8 cups chicken broth (or 8 cups water + 8 tsp of better than bouillon chicken base)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 3 medium to large carrots, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 10 ounces (about 4 cups) uncooked noodles (I used cavatappi noodles)
- 1 cup heavy cream, half and half or milk, warmed (see note)
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- Add onion, garlic, broth, celery, carrots, oregano, pepper, thyme, salt and chicken into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions on the stove. Drain the pasta and add it to the slow cooker.
- Remove the slow cooker lid and remove the chicken. Place on a cutting board and cut the chicken into pieces or shred it. Return the chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Stir dairy and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to high and let the soup get thicker and creamy over about 10-20 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Heavy cream is the most creamy and decadent. Half and half is still good and milk is less calories and less creamy. Use whatever you prefer. Nutrition information is based on if you used half and half.
To make gluten free: Double check your chicken broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Substitute noodles for GF noodles and cook the noodles separately and add them just before eating, otherwise they get soggy and may dissolve altogether.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup ? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.