Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup is a creamy, dreamy potato soup with browned ground beef, onions, carrots and cream cheese. Perfect served with a side salad and a bread stick.
Get the INSTANT POT Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup
I needed to make soup for my neighbor who was sick and came up with this delight! It is seriously so tasty. My neighbor called me an hour later to get the recipe, she loved it so much! That made me so happy.
This recipe is like potato soup but it has cream cheese in it. Everything tastes better with cream cheese. Ah yeah! Oh and it has ground beef which gives the soup a lot of flavor and makes it more of an all in one meal. If you want to bulk it up you could use 1 ½ pounds of beef instead of just one pound. You could also use ground turkey or ground chicken in the place of ground beef.
Make this soup soon you will absolutely love it! You can double the recipe if you’re serving a crowd or you can halve the recipe for a smaller group.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stovetop function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.Print
A creamy, dreamy potato soup with browned ground beef, onions, carrots and cream cheese. Perfect served with a side salad and a bread stick.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and cubed Russet potatoes
- 3 carrots, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 celery ribs, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) brick of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk, warmed
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan over medium high heat add in the ground beef and the onion. Add in the garlic powder and the salt. Brown the beef and cook onions until transparent. Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
2. Pour in the chicken broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, basil and parsley. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
3. Turn your slow cooker to high. Add in the cream cheese. In a glass measuring cup warm up the milk in the microwave for a minute (or on the stove). This will prevent curdling. Stir the cornstarch into the milk until smooth. Stir the milk into the slow cooker. This will thicken the soup a bit.
5. Once soup is thickened salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
This recipe is gluten free. Just double check the chicken broth.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 443
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1039 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.