An easy way to enjoy all the flavors of cabbage rolls. This soup will be your family’s new favorite!
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds ground beef (depending on how meaty you like it, I used 1.3 pounds)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6–7 cups beef broth (6 for a thicker soup, 7 for a thinner soup)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ⅔ cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 5–6 cups cabbage (8–10 ounces), cut into ½ inch strips
- Heat a pan over medium heat on the stove. Add in beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes and then drain off any excess grease and discard. Add in the onion, Worcestershire, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook the onion for about 3 minutes. Add to the slow cooker.
- Dump in the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, allspice, rice and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American