Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Blackberry Cobbler–fresh blackberries are topped with a white cake mix/butter mixture and cooked in your slow cooker. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy an amazing dessert with minimal work and time!
Get the Instant Pot version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Blackberry Cobbler
Okay, you might be thinking “come on Karen, this isn’t a real recipe!” Just give it a chance. That’s all I’m asking. My family and I were DYING over this dessert. We were all in a major depression that there wasn’t enough for us to have seconds.
We were in the mood for a fruit cobbler and went grocery shopping to figure out what to make. We hemmed and hawed whether frozen produce would work. I thought maybe frozen mangoes would be delicious. However in the end we noticed fresh blackberries were on sale and thought that slow cooker 3-ingredient blackberry cobbler would be the perfect choice. We were so right. The tartness from the berries with the sweet cake mix was the perfect combination and when we topped it with vanilla ice cream it was pure heaven in our mouths.
To tell you the truth, I’m not entirely sure that frozen fruit would work optimally in this recipe. I actually don’t think it would. Too much liquid and sogginess. I haven’t tried it yet so I can’t say for sure but if you have the option please go for the fresh blackberries. It is worth it!
We used half a cake mix and a 12 oz package of black berries, however if you want more than 4 servings you can easily just use a whole cake mix, a stick of butter and 2 packages of blackberries. This is what I’m going to do next time…definitely.
More 3 Ingredient Recipes
Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler
Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler
Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Cherry Dump Cake
Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Chicken and Gravy
Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Party Meatballs
Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Turkey and Mushrooms
Fresh blackberries are topped with a white cake mix/butter mixture and cooked in your slow cooker. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy an amazing dessert with minimal work and time!
- 1 (12 oz) package of fresh blackberries, washed and patted dry
- 8 oz of a white cake mix (this will be about half the package, if doubling just use one (15.25 oz) box of white cake mix)
- 1/4 cup butter
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add the blackberries to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the cake mix until it is crumbly.
- Spread the cake mix mixture over the blackberries.
- Place a double layer of paper towels over the top of the slow cooker and secure them with the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or on LOW for about 4 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.