- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup homemade gravy mix*
- 1/2 cup water
- Green onions, optional
Homemade Gravy Mix Recipe:
- 3 Tbsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- Add ground turkey to the slow cooker and break up theturkey with a spoon.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, gravy mix and water. Stir with a spoon.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-5 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours. Remove lid and break up the turkey with a spoon. Salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve turkey and mushrooms over rice, noodles, potatoes or in lettuce wraps. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
- Run all the ingredients through a blender or food processor. Pulse about 10 times until all the granules are the same consistency. Store in an airtight container.
- To make gravy, mix 1/4 cup of mix with 2 cups of milk or water in a saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until smooth and it thickens.
Variations: Add in 4 oz cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream after the turkey is cooked, for more of a creamy, stroganoff type meal. You can also make this with lean ground beef or ground chicken instead of ground turkey.
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-6 quart
To make gluten free: Substitute flour for a GF flour blend or cornstarch