Making Memories Casserole–easy crockpot (or oven) casserole of a cross between cinnamon rolls and french toast.
Making Memories Cinnamon Roll Casserole
This is a fun way to make memories with your kids. It’s an easy recipe that the whole family can enjoy making together. My daughter who is heading off to college in the fall helped make this casserole and was surprised at how easy it was to make and how yummy it was! She said she’s taking the recipe with her to college.
This recipe starts with canned cinnamon rolls and then you whisk together a milk and egg mixture and pour it over the top. It’s kind of like cinnamon rolls meets french toast meets bread pudding. I love that you can make this ahead of time in your crockpot and let the delicious aroma waft through your kitchen.
- This cinnamon roll casserole is great as a brunch recipe or even for dessert. It’s delicious drizzled with a bit of maple syrup or even some whipped cream.
- This recipe works best in a 6 quart crockpot because the rolls are able to spread out more. If it is made in a 3 quart slow cooker the cinnamon rolls are stacked too deep and won’t cook evenly. That’s why this recipe doesn’t work in the Instant Pot on the slow cooker setting. Believe me, I tried. The bottom was burned and the top was raw.
- You can halve this recipe. Cut all ingredients in half and then cook in crockpot on high for 90 minutes.
- All crockpots cook differently. The old crockpots tend to cook slower and lower than the newer pots. You’ll need to use your best judgment on how long to cook the casserole.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the freezer for up to 3 months. It tastes good when you warm up an individual portion for 20 seconds in the microwave.
More Brunch Recipes…
Instant Pot Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
An easy way to make french toast! With pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and streusel brown sugar pecan topping this is the perfect fall breakfast or treat. You can make this in the Instant Pot, slow cooker or the oven and can be prepped the night before and baked in the morning.
Instant Pot Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Potatoes
Tender cubed potatoes tossed in seasonings with bacon, green pepper, onions and cheese. Perfect for breakfast (or dinner)!
O’brien potatoes in a creamy sauce with cheese. These easy 6-ingredient potatoes can be made in the Instant Pot, Crockpot or the oven.
Mickey Mac’s Casserole
Mickey Mac’s Casserole–Instant Pot or Crockpot breakfast casserole with hashbrowns, eggs, cheese and sausage. Pin this recipe for later! Mickey Mac’s Casserole Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea at my house! We love serving up eggs, sausage and pancakes for dinner. Usually we don’t eat big breakfasts in the morning time so it’s
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Easy crockpot (or oven) casserole of a cross between cinnamon rolls and french toast.
- 2 (17.5 oz) cans of Pillsbury Grands Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Frosting
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or half and half
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Spray a 6 quart crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the cans and use kitchen shears or a serrated knife to cut each cinnamon roll into 4 pieces. Set the frosting aside.
- Place the cinnamon roll pieces into the bottom of the crockpot. Spread them out evenly.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Warm up one of the frosting cups in the microwave for 10 seconds and then drizzle it over the cinnamon rolls (reserve the second frosting for later).
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until cooked through.
- Remove the lid and drizzle the second frosting over the top. Serve and enjoy!
You can also make this in the oven. Make the recipe in a 9×13 inch pan and bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Slow Cooker or Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.