It Ain’t Happening Casserole–chicken, bacon, ranch, potato and cheddar casserole made fast in your Instant Pot.
It Ain’t Happening Casserole
Today’s recipe is so good you’re going to want to scrape the pot clean. As Greg was going for seconds and cleaning out the pot Skyler asked for more and Greg’s like, “It ain’t happening!” 🤣🤣
The recipe is pretty quick and easy because it’s a dump and go recipe! No sautéeing just cut up the potatoes and you’re set to go. The cream cheese and ranch dressing give the potatoes and chicken such a delicious sauce that you’ll be licking the plate clean.
I love using the frozen chicken tenderloins from Costco. They turn out very tender in the Instant Pot. The tenders from Sam’s Club, however, I’ve not had success with…they are pretty tough. You can also cut up chicken thighs into bite size pieces for a yummy version.
Try out this recipe for dinner this week! I guarantee you’ll love it!
- Chicken broth–or water and Better than Bouillon chicken base
- Chicken tenderloins–frozen or fresh. You can also use chicken breasts or thighs cut into bite size pieces.
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix–the dry ranch mix, not the bottled dressing.
- Red potatoes–or Yukon gold potatoes
- Cream cheese–or 1 cup of sour cream. If you do use sour cream add it after the pressure cooking time is over.
- Spinach–fresh or frozen
- Bacon crumbles
- Cheddar cheese–or colby jack cheese
Pour broth into Instant Pot. Place the chicken tenderloins in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the chicken.
Dump the potatoes on top of the chicken. Place cream cheese on top of the potatoes.
Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
Stir in the spinach, bacon and cheddar.
Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Serve with fresh fruit or roasted vegetables.
- Variation: instead of spinach use cooked broccoli, green beans or asparagus.
- This recipe is gluten free.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with dry ranch dressing mix are Instant Pot Mashed Ranch Cauliflower and Instant Pot Ranch Chicken.
More Instant Pot Chicken and Potato Recipes…
Instant Pot No Fuss Chicken
Chicken, carrots and potatoes in a savory gravy. An easy one pot dump and go meal!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Soup
A creamy soup flavored with ranch dressing mix and packed with chicken, carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, cream cheese and bacon. Like crack chicken but in a soup form!
Instant Pot or Crockpot Campfire Chicken has chicken, red potatoes, corn and lots of flavor from seasonings. An easy dump and go recipe!
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
An easy chicken, bacon, ranch, potato and cheddar casserole made fast in your Instant Pot.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins (frozen or fresh)
- 3 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 (2.8 oz) package bacon crumbles
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Place the chicken tenderloins in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the chicken. Dump the potatoes on top of the chicken. Place cream cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the spinach, bacon and cheddar.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.