Instant Pot Skinny Chicken Alfredo—a lighter version of creamy, dreamy chicken alfredo that you can make all in one pot, your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Skinny Chicken Alfredo
Just because this recipe is “skinny” doesn’t mean that flavor is sacrificed. Even with just one tablespoon of butter and 1 cup of milk (instead of heavy cream) you get lots of creamy delicious sauce covering the noodles.
Greg loved this recipe so much he said that it should get 10 stars. I made this on Reagan’s birthday and she loved it too. Alfredo is her favorite food and she gave it 2 thumbs up.
How to keep pasta from clumping in the Instant Pot
Some people have complained when they make noodles like spaghetti, fettuccine or linguine in the Instant Pot they clump up when cooked. There is a really good thread in the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes FB group about this. I like to break my pasta in half or thirds and fan it out or scatter it. You don’t want a big pile of pasta all facing the same direction. Then I pour my broth or water around the sides of the pot and I don’t stir. Sometimes it sticks a little but after it’s done I just stir it and it breaks up.
If you still have problems with clumping then you can use a different type of pasta. My favorite type of pasta to use in the Instant Pot is the curly cavatappi noodles. They don’t clump at all. I buy them in the bulk section at Winco for 99 cents a pound. They are also available at Smith’s (Kroger), the Private Selection brand.
More Skinny Recipes You’ll Love…
What Equipment Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Skinny Chicken Alfredo I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A lighter version of creamy, dreamy chicken alfredo that you can make all in one pot, your Instant Pot.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine, fettuccine or spaghetti noodles (whole wheat is okay)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter. Swirl it around to melt it. Add in the cut up chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder, basil and parsley. Lightly saute the chicken for about 2 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Turn off the saute setting.
- Break up the pasta noodles into thirds and fan them out so that they aren’t in one big clump. Pour the broth around the sides of the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes for spaghetti or linguine or 5 minutes for fettuccine. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the pot to saute. Stir the milk and cornstarch together until smooth and then stir it into the pot. Stir in the parmesan cheese. The sauce will thicken up in just a few minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.