A lighter version of creamy, dreamy chicken alfredo that you can make all in one pot, your Instant Pot.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine, fettuccine or spaghetti noodles (whole wheat is okay)
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter. Swirl it around to melt it. Add in the cut up chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder, basil and parsley. Lightly saute the chicken for about 2 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Turn off the saute setting.
- Break up the pasta noodles into thirds and fan them out so that they aren’t in one big clump. Pour the broth around the sides of the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes for spaghetti or linguine or 5 minutes for fettuccine. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the pot to saute. Stir the milk and cornstarch together until smooth and then stir it into the pot. Stir in the parmesan cheese. The sauce will thicken up in just a few minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot