Instant Pot Savory Mushroom Chicken–a creamy savory sauce envelopes mushrooms, tender bites of chicken and linguine noodles. This is a quick and easy meal for any night of the week.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Savory Mushroom Chicken
Where are my mushroom fans at? Me me! My kids don’t like them but my husband and I sure do! The mushrooms are the star of this chicken and noodles dish. The creamy sauce that surrounds them is dreamy too. I ended up using linguine noodles but if you want to use fettuccine noodles or spaghetti you can do that instead.
To get tender chicken breasts I used a rolling pin to pound out my chicken and then I browned them in a little butter before pressure cooking them. I used this same method when I made my favorite bruschetta chicken and it does take a little more time, but it’s well worth it!
More recipe you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
For Instant Pot Savory Mushroom Chicken I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A creamy savory sauce envelopes mushrooms, tender bites of chicken and linguine noodles. This is a quick and easy meal for any night of the week.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces dry linguine noodles (I used whole wheat)
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
- Brown the chicken. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. While the pot is heating up pound out the chicken breasts with a rolling pin or a mallet until they are 1 inch thick. When the display says HOT add in 2 Tbsp of the butter. Swirl the pot around to melt the butter. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper onto each side of each of the chicken breasts (so a total of 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper). Lay both chicken breasts into the bottom of the pot. You will have to arrange them to fit. Let the breasts brown for 5 minutes, do not disturb them. When 5 minutes is up turn them over and brown for 5 minutes on the other side. Remove the chicken from the pot and set on a plate.
- Brown mushrooms. Add 2 Tbsp butter to the pot and swirl around to melt. Add in the quartered mushrooms. Stir every now and then for about 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Turn off saute function. Stir in the rosemary, thyme, garlic powder. Add in the noodles and the broth. Set the chicken on top of the noodles.
- Pressure cook. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. When time is up let the pot sit there for 10 minutes before moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Thicken. Remove the chicken and cut into slices. Whisk the cornstarch and half and half together. Stir the mixture into the pot. Add salt to taste (I added a large pinch). Add in the parmesan cheese. Stir. Scoop noodles, chicken and mushrooms onto plates and serve topped with a bit of chopped parsley.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make gluten free: Check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Replace noodles with gluten-free noodles and reduce the cook time by 1 minute.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mushrooms, chicken
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Savory Mushroom Chicken? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.