Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Risotto–creamy no fuss and no stir pesto risotto with tender bites of chicken made quickly in your electric pressure cooker.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Risotto
Risotto is so delicious. But when made in the traditional way on the stove it is annoying. Stir stir stir stir stir. Enter into the picture the Instant Pot…it transforms the process of making risotto into an easy hands-off process. The rice comes out creamy and perfectly cooked. I loved the addition of pesto to this risotto! Pesto is just so flavorful and it gives this rice a wonderful flavor. I chose to add chicken into my risotto to make it more of a meal…it worked perfectly. I used chicken breasts but you could also use boneless chicken thighs. I chose to cut up my chicken into pieces after it was cooked and stir it all in but you can also just serve the chicken in whole pieces.
More recipe you’ll love
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Risotto I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Creamy no fuss and no stir pesto risotto with tender bites of chicken made quickly in your electric pressure cooker.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut in half lenghtwise
- Salt and pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. When the display says HOT add in the butter. Once butter is melted add in the onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and the rice. Stir for 1 minute. Then add in 1 cup of the broth and stir for 2 more minutes. Then add in the rest of the broth, the pesto and the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there for another 10 minutes. Move the valve to venting. Open the pot and stir the rice. Use a spoon to break up the chicken.
- Salt and pepper the risotto and chicken to taste and then serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 535 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Protein: 22 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Risotto? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.