Instant Pot Creamy Greek Chicken Pitas–a very fast and easy recipe with just a handful of ingredients that tastes absolutely amazing! Cream cheese is stirred into shredded chicken with Greek seasonings and lemon juice and then served on pita bread and topped with tomatoes and cucumbers. A simple family friendly meal that everyone will love.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Creamy Greek Chicken Pitas
I have been so excited to share this recipe with you because it’s just so tasty AND so easy. My family LOVED this chicken and I’ll be making these Instant Pot Creamy Greek Chicken Pitas over and over again this summer.
An added bonus is that you can totally throw your chicken into the pot frozen. Anytime I can do that it’s perfect for me since I rarely have fresh chicken in my fridge.
I served my shredded chicken over pitas. I like to buy the Papa Pita brand at Costco. They come 12 in a package and cost around $3.00. I love how soft the pita is! For some crunch and color I diced up some cucumbers and halved some cherry tomatoes. Lettuce is another topping that would be really tasty on top of these pitas.
If you’re not into pitas you could serve this chicken over rice or quinoa instead. If you’re on the keto diet you could probably just make this chicken and serve it plain without the pita. You could also serve the chicken on top of a bed of lettuce or spinach.
Add the ingredients for Instant Pot creamy Greek chicken pitas to your shopping list this week. I promise you’ll love it!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Greek Chicken Pitas I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A very fast and easy recipe with just a handful of ingredients that tastes absolutely amazing! Cream cheese is stirred into shredded chicken with Greek seasonings and lemon juice and then served on pita bread and topped with tomatoes and cucumbers. A simple family friendly meal that everyone will love.
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 1 Tbsp Greek seasoning OR make your own blend:
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- For serving: pitas, sliced tomatoes, diced cucumbers
- Place chunks of onion in bottom of Instant Pot. Pour in the broth. Place trivet on top of onions. Place chicken on top of the trivet. Sprinkle the chicken with the Greek seasoning.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes on high pressure (for frozen) and 10 minutes for thawed. When timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes. Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Move the chicken to a cutting board and shred the chicken. Discard the onion and the broth. Place shredded chicken back into the pot. Stir in the cream cheese and the lemon juice. Turn the Instant Pot to saute until the cream cheese is all melted and incorporated into the chicken.
- Serve chicken on top of pitas with sliced tomatoes and diced cucumbers.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. If you’re not into pitas you could serve this chicken over rice or quinoa instead. If you’re on the keto diet you could probably just make this chicken and serve it plain without the pita. You could also serve the chicken on top of a bed of lettuce or spinach.
To make gluten free: Serve it on a gluten-free bun or bread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (just the chicken)
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 697 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 37 g
Keywords: chicken, easy
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Greek Chicken Pitas? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.