Instant Pot Ritz Chicken–creamy sauce and chicken with a buttery, crumbly Ritz cracker topping. This chicken tastes great served over rice and is fast and easy to make any day of the week.
Instant Pot Ritz Chicken
My family and I were all blown away by this easy Instant Pot Ritz chicken. It was so flavorful and we ate it all up. The sour cream sauce plus the buttery, crispy topping was a winning combination!
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot. Increase the amount of broth to 1 cup for the 8 quart pot.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice, mashed potatoes, noodles, cauliflower or spaghetti squash. I ate mine over brown rice that I made in a separate Instant Pot. You can also use a tall trivet* and a pan* to make white rice in the same pot with the chicken using the pot-in-pot method.
- I like to buy the big container of Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix at Costco. I use it for ranch cauliflower, ranch chicken taco rice and wife’s delight casserole. You can also use a packet of dry Italian dressing mix for this recipe. Both have great flavor!
- I used Campbells cream of chicken soup. If you’d rather make your own from scratch you can do that. I would stir homemade cream of chicken into the pot after the chicken has pressure cooked, just so it doesn’t separate.
- I used chicken cutlets for this recipe. The thinner pieces of chicken breast cook quickly (7 minutes) and seem to stay more tender than regular chicken breasts. Another good option is using chicken tenders (only cook for 5 minutes). If you’d like you can make chicken cutlets out of chicken breasts. I have not tried this recipe with frozen pieces of chicken. If you do try that I would increase the pressure cook time by 2-3 minutes.
- If you don’t have an air fryer lid to crisp* up the cracker crumbs you can sprinkle them on a baking sheet. Broil for about 3-5 minutes at 400° F in your oven. Then sprinkle them over the top.
More Amazing Instant Pot Chicken Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Creamy sauce and chicken with a buttery, crumbly Ritz cracker topping. This chicken tastes great served over rice and is fast and easy to make for any day of the week.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (see note)
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley)
- 1 (10.5) oz can Campbells cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 sleeve (30 crackers) Ritz crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Place chicken into the pot, in one layer if possible (if not possible, then stagger the chicken). Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the chicken. Spoon the cream of chicken soup over the top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 8-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir the sour cream and cornstarch together. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Stir the Ritz crumbs and the melted butter together. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top. Use an air fryer lid* to crisp up the crumbs. Bake at 350° F for 5 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Pour broth into slow cooker. Place chicken into the slow cooker, in one layer if possible. Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the chicken. Spoon the cream of chicken soup over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours (each slow cooker cooks differently so make sure the chicken reaches 165° F in the middle).
- In a small bowl stir the sour cream and cornstarch together. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Stir the Ritz crumbs and the melted butter together. Sprinkle them on a baking sheet. Broil for about 3-5 minutes at 400° F in your oven.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the chicken. Eat and enjoy!
A chicken cutlet is a chicken breast that has been cut in half horizontally to make two thinner pieces. I bought the chicken like this at the grocery store. It was about a half inch thick.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.