Creamy sauce and chicken with a buttery, crumbly Ritz cracker topping. This chicken tastes great served over rice and is fast and easy to make for any day of the week.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (see note)
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley)
- 1 (10.5) oz can Campbells cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 sleeve (30 crackers) Ritz crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Place chicken into the pot, in one layer if possible (if not possible, then stagger the chicken). Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the chicken. Spoon the cream of chicken soup over the top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 8-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir the sour cream and cornstarch together. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Stir the Ritz crumbs and the melted butter together. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top. Use an air fryer lid* to crisp up the crumbs. Bake at 350° F for 5 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Pour broth into slow cooker. Place chicken into the slow cooker, in one layer if possible. Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the chicken. Spoon the cream of chicken soup over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours (each slow cooker cooks differently so make sure the chicken reaches 165° F in the middle).
- In a small bowl stir the sour cream and cornstarch together. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Stir the Ritz crumbs and the melted butter together. Sprinkle them on a baking sheet. Broil for about 3-5 minutes at 400° F in your oven.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the chicken. Eat and enjoy!
A chicken cutlet is a chicken breast that has been cut in half horizontally to make two thinner pieces. I bought the chicken like this at the grocery store. It was about a half inch thick.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes (plus 8-10 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot