Instant Pot Reese Witherspoon’s Chili Pie–flavorful chili with beans, corn and tomatoes topped with cornbread. You can make this all in your Instant Pot if you have an air fryer lid (or you can use your oven).
Instant Pot Reese Witherspoon’s Chili Pie
This recipe is an oven/stove recipe that I’ve adapted from Reese Witherspoon’s book called Whiskey in a Teacup*. This is one of her favorite southern weeknight meals and I do have to agree it is pretty tasty! I love the one pot meal of chili and cornbread all in one dish. So fun and so delicious! Especially with a dollop of sour cream on top. We ate the entire pot as a family in one sitting.
- Ground pork–or ground turkey or beef
- Diced onion
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Beef–or chicken broth
- Kidney beans–or pinto beans
- Petite diced tomatoes–or crushed or stewed tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Frozen corn–or drained canned corn
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Cheddar cheese–or another type of cheese you like
The basic steps to make chili pie in the Instant Pot
- Brown the ground meat and season using the saute setting on your Instant Pot.
- Deglaze the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in ingredients but don’t stir (just dump them in)…this will prevent the burn error message.
- Pressure cook the chili.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings.
- Make the cornbread batter and drop it on the chili.
- Use an air fryer lid to bake the cornbread.
- Serve the cornbread chili pie with desired toppings. Some ideas are green onions, salsa and sour cream.
- I used my Duo Crisp Instant Pot*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot.
- If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can bake the cornbread in the oven according to package directions while the chili is pressure cooking and then serve a slice on top of each serving of chili.
- This meal is best the day that you make it. The cornbread does tend to get soggy. But if you do have leftovers you can store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Other recipes you can make with ground pork are Instant Pot Honey Garlic Pork and Instant Pot Potsticker Bowls.
- Recipe adapted from Delish.com
6 More Chili Inspired Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Chilighetti
A delicious mash up of spaghetti and chili. Make this easy one pot meal in minutes with your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Crack Sausage Chili
Sliced smoked sausage, crispy bacon pieces, three types of beans and plenty of seasonings make this chili super addicting! An easy dump and go Instant Pot recipe!
Instant Pot Killer White Chili
This Instant Pot killer white chili is full of tender pieces of chicken, along with dried navy beans, onions, garlic, cumin, oregano, cream cheese and a special ingredient that gives it tons of flavor–salsa verde. It’s an excellent, intensely flavored white chili that’s great for a party.
Instant Pot Sour Cream Chili Bake
Seasoned ground beef with kidney beans, rice, sour cream and Fritos. An easy weeknight dinner that comes together quickly with the help of your pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Honey BBQ Fritos Chili Bake
Twisty, crunchy Honey BBQ Fritos and shredded cheese top a steaming bowl of 2-bean and ground turkey chili that has a slight sweetness from barbecue sauce and honey.
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Flavorful chili with beans, corn and tomatoes topped with cornbread. You can make this all in your Instant Pot if you have an air fryer lid (or you can use your oven).
- 1.25 pounds ground pork (or turkey or beef)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn, divided
- 1 (8.5 oz) box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the pork and break it up. Add in the diced onion. Brown for about 5 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Dump in the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste and a half cup of the corn. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Stir well and taste test. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the Jiffy mix, milk, egg, cheese and the remaining half cup of corn. Drop the batter in dollops on top of the chili mixture. Spread out as much as possible with a butter knife.
- Place air fryer lid on top of Instant Pot. Set the “bake” setting to 300° F for 24 minutes.
- Remove lid and scoop onto plates and top with diced green onions, salsa and sour cream, if desired.
If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can bake the cornbread in the oven according to package directions while the chili is pressure cooking.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.