Instant Pot Honey Garlic Pork—A 5-ingredient recipe for the tastiest and easiest pork lettuce wraps ever!
Related: SLOW COOKER honey garlic pork recipe
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Pork
This recipe was a happy accident! I had a pound of ground pork that needed to be used up and this is how it got used. The flavors in this honey garlic pork are so tasty and the best part is that it’s ingredients you probably already have at your house: soy sauce, honey and garlic.
This meat tastes so great rolled up in butter lettuce leaves. Butterhead lettuces are tender, with loosely-coiled leaves. The leaves are almost never limp or weak. They have a bit of crunch. You can find butter lettuce in a plastic clamshell case with a root still attached.
If you don’t want lettuce wraps you can easily chop up some romaine or cabbage leaves and spoon the meat and rice mixture over the top. You could also buy a package of Asian salad mix with wontons, carrots and cabbage and serve it over that…delicious! Sort of like my Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowls.
I used parboiled rice in this recipe. I got a comment on my youtube channel about using parboiled rice and it intrigued me so I tried it. I got a bag of it at Walmart, next to the normal rice. Parboiled rice might sound like it’s precooked, but it’s not. Instead, it’s processed quite differently from other types of rice. The resulting grain is cooked and served just as you would white or brown rice. However, because of the special processing, parboiled rice is less sticky than normal long grain or jasmine rice. Plus it is a better source of nutrition. If you’re not a fan of sticky rice and want the grain kernels more separated try out parboiled rice!
Try these other Instant Pot favorites…Print
A 5-ingredient recipe for the tastiest and easiest pork lettuce wraps ever! Pin this recipe for later!
- 1 pound ground pork (you can also use ground chicken, turkey or lean beef)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup uncooked long grain white rice or jasmine rice (see note)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground pork and break it up*. Brown the pork for about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the water and scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the soy sauce, honey and rice. Stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid and stir.
- Scoop the meat and rice over chopped romaine, use it in lettuce wraps, over chopped cabbage or plain. Eat and enjoy!
I used parboiled rice but plain long grain white or jasmine rice works just fine too.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. This recipe will work great for the 3 quart Instant Pot. If you want to make this in the 8 quart pot you may want to use the pot-in-pot method since there isn’t a ton of liquid to bring the pot to pressure. For pot-in-pot method: pour 1 ½ cups into your Instant Pot. Then place a trivet into the pot. Add your ingredients for the recipe into a pan/pot that fits inside your Instant Pot. Lower the pot onto the top of the trivet. Pressure cook for 10 minutes. Then release the pressure. Here’s a video I made to explain it: https://youtu.be/hhBVsREuCEw
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Sign up for my free emails (fill out the form below) and you’ll receive an email each time something new is on the site. You can also join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group which is run by my husband Greg and myself. If you’re a visual learner consider subscribing to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.