Need to make potato salad for a potluck or barbecue? I have the best Instant Pot potato salad trick for you! It’s so easy and it’s fast.
Instant Pot Potato Salad Trick (video)
One of the coolest things that I’ve used my Instant Pot for is making potato salad. What’s so great about it, you say? In a four minute pressure cook time you cook all of the cubed potatoes and hard boil the eggs at the same time in the same pot.
This potato salad recipe is a little different than other potato salad recipes. It has half mayo and half olive oil as the base of the dressing. I am not a huge fan of gobs and gobs of mayo so that’s why I choose to make potato salad this way. Also I LOVE potato salad that has diced pickles in it. That is the way my mom would make it. It’s my favorite when I get a bite with a little crunch from a dill pickle.
Today was the last day of school and my son and his friends are going to roast hot dogs tonight. I’ll serve this potato salad and some watermelon with the hot dogs. What a fun time of year!
More Recipes You’ll Love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
My version of potato salad–half olive oil and half mayo, chopped pickles, garlic and more.
For the Instant Pot:
- 1 ½ cups water
- A steamer basket*
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes (about 6 medium), washed, peeled and cubed
- 4 eggs
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp diced green onions
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 large pickles diced
- Pour 1 ½ cups water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the steamer basket inside the Instant Pot. Place the cubed potatoes in the steamer basket. Place the eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes (high pressure). When the time is up perform a quick release.
- Place the eggs gently in a container filled with icy water.
- Pour the potatoes into a serving bowl.
- Toss all the dressing ingredients together. Coat the potatoes with the dressing.
- Once the eggs are cold peel them and chop them up and toss them into the salad. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour and then serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.