Instant Pot Egg Loaf —If you need a bunch of chopped boiled eggs for a recipe I have a great trick for you. Some people call this “egg loaf.” Basically you crack as many eggs in a dish that you need and then cook them very quickly in your Instant Pot. Once the eggs are cooked you can cut them up easily on a cutting board. This saves so much time because there is NO PEELING!!! I like to use these eggs for cobb salad, avocado egg salad, egg salad or potato salad.
Instant Pot Egg Loaf Video
Watch this short video where I show you how to make as many chopped hard boiled eggs as you need in just a few minutes.
What Equipment Did You Use?
Instant Pot: To make Instant Pot Egg Loaf I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Stainless steel pan: In the video I am using one of my stainless steel stackable pans.*
Silicone Sling: I also use my OXO Sling…this is my new favorite tool! I love it and have used it a ton.Print
An easy way to hard boil eggs if they’re needed for a potato salad or egg salad.
- 6 eggs (or more)
- 1 cup water
- Spray a pan that will fit inside your Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray. Crack as many eggs as you need in the pan. (I used this pan*).
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot*. (If you’re using an 8 quart pour in 1 ½ cups of water).
- Place a trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot and place the pan on top of the trivet. (I used this trivet*).
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes (display will say L0:05). Move the valve to venting.
- Turn the pan over onto a cutting board and chop the eggs. Use them immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Method: Instant Pot
Subscribe to my YouTube channel where I post Instant Pot recipes, tips of tricks every Tuesday.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.