My version of potato salad–half olive oil and half mayo, chopped pickles, garlic and more.
For the Instant Pot:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- A steamer basket*
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 6 medium), washed, peeled and cubed
- 4 eggs
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp diced green onions
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 large pickles diced
- Pour 1 ½ cups water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the steamer basket inside the Instant Pot. Place the cubed potatoes in the steamer basket. Place the eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes (high pressure). When the time is up perform a quick release.
- Place the eggs gently in a container filled with icy water.
- Pour the potatoes into a serving bowl.
- Toss all the dressing ingredients together. Coat the potatoes with the dressing.
- Once the eggs are cold peel them and chop them up and toss them into the salad. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour and then serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American