Instant Pot Pancake Casserole–a delicious way to enjoy pancakes in the convenience of a casserole. It is slightly sweet but also has a savory element with cheese and bacon. It sounds weird but it’s so good!
Instant Pot Pancake Casserole
I saw a recipe for pancake casserole and was unsure if I would like it or not. It seemed weird to me. Pancake batter with cheese and bacon and maple syrup?! Weird, right? Well it turns out it was so tasty! My husband and son agreed with me too. They were skeptics until they tried it. This recipe is a perfect idea for brunch or breakfast for dinner.
- You can “bake” this in the Instant Pot or the oven. The Instant Pot version will look more pale but it will taste just as good.
- For a faster version…In the place of the flour, baking powder, salt and butter you can use 1 cup of Bisquick.
- I used my air fryer* to cook the bacon. It is by far my favorite way to cook bacon these days!
- Instead of bacon try cutting up cooked sausage links. It reminds me of pigs in a blanket.
- Other types of cheeses can be used in the place of cheddar. Use what you like best. Some ideas are monterey jack, pepper jack, colby jack, mozzarella, etc.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*, my OXO Sling Trivet* and my Fat Daddios 7 inch by 3 inch pan* for pot-in-pot cooking.
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A delicious way to enjoy pancakes in the convenience of a casserole. It is slightly sweet but also has a savory element with cheese and bacon. It sounds weird but it’s so good!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted butter or oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in the butter/oil, milk, syrup and egg. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Spray a 7 inch by 3 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth on top. Cover the pan with foil. Place the pan on top of a trivet/sling.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Lower the sling with the pan on top into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid and the sling and pan and foil.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the bacon on top. Use an air fryer lid to melt the cheese or stick the pan under your oven’s broiler until cheese melts.
- Scoop up and serve with maple syrup.
You can also bake this in the oven. Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle bacon and cheese over casserole and return to oven until cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot or Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.