A delicious way to enjoy pancakes in the convenience of a casserole. It is slightly sweet but also has a savory element with cheese and bacon. It sounds weird but it’s so good!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted butter or oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in the butter/oil, milk, syrup and egg. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Spray a 7 inch by 3 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth on top. Cover the pan with foil. Place the pan on top of a trivet/sling.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Lower the sling with the pan on top into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid and the sling and pan and foil.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the bacon on top. Use an air fryer lid to melt the cheese or stick the pan under your oven’s broiler until cheese melts.
- Scoop up and serve with maple syrup.
You can also bake this in the oven. Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle bacon and cheese over casserole and return to oven until cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot or Oven