Instant Pot Lumberjack Breakfast—a layered breakfast dish of waffles, sausage, eggs and cheese. A hearty breakfast good enough to fuel a hard working lumberjack (or you!).
Instant Pot Lumberjack Breakfast
This is an interesting take on breakfast! I read a recipe that layered waffles in the bottom and then poured a custard egg mixture over the top. I wondered how that would work in the Instant Pot so I gave it a shot. It’s sort of like those overnight breakfast casseroles that have a layer of stale french bread on the bottom and the egg mixture soaks into it. Same idea. Only with frozen waffles instead of stale bread.
Although it might sound a little weird this Instant Pot lumberjack breakfast really does taste amazing. We ate it happily with no leftovers. If you’d prefer to bake it in the oven you can! Cook for 40 minutes at 375 degrees F. I haven’t tried this in the slow cooker yet but I think it would work perfectly in a smaller 3 quart slow cooker. I’d cook it for 2-3 hours on high in a greased slow cooker.
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
A layered breakfast dish of waffles, sausage, eggs and cheese. A hearty breakfast!
Equipment needed–pan for pot-in-pot cooking, sling or trivet, 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 frozen waffles
- 4 frozen pre-cooked sausage patties
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 diced green onion
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Toast the 4 waffles. Cut each waffle into quarters.
- Put the sausage patties on top of a paper towel lined plate and microwave for 90 seconds. Pat off any excess grease. Cut into quarters.
- In a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot (I used Fat daddios 7 inch by 3 inch pan*) layer the waffles, then the sausage patties. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle the cheese and green onions on top.
- Place pan on top of trivet. Lower the pan into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes.
- When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Use a paper towel to gently pat off any moisture on top of casserole.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy with tabasco or salsa or even syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.