Instant Pot nacho chicken and rice is a one pot meal of tender chicken, brown rice, nacho cheese, tomatoes and chili beans. When topped with tortilla chips, tomatoes, jalapenos, avocados and sour cream it tastes out of this world.
Instant Pot Nacho Chicken and Rice (+ video)
What do you make when you go to your pantry and you see rice, tortilla chips, chili beans, and nacho cheese dip? You make it into a one pot meal that’s a party in your mouth. Chicken and rice is taken to a whole new level with the addition of nacho cheese dip.
This is an easy dump and go recipe that you can make with frozen or fresh chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs because that’s what I prefer. I find them in a big bag by the frozen food items at Costco. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or bone-in chicken pieces. The same cooking time will work.
If you choose to use white rice instead of brown rice the cooking time will change from 22 minutes to 5 minutes. And that means that you’ll need to cut the chicken into bite-size pieces to ensure that it cooks at the same rate as the rice. So no frozen chicken if you use white rice.
Some favorite toppings for this recipe include tortilla chips, sour cream, pickled tame jalapenos, diced tomatoes, diced avocados or guacamole, sliced olives, pico de gallo or salsa and grated cheese. Have fun and get creative!
More Nacho Inspired Instant Pot Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
A one pot meal of tender chicken, brown rice, nacho cheese, tomatoes and chili beans. Topped with tortilla chips, tomatoes, jalapenos, avocados and sour cream it tastes out of this world.
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen is fine)
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans
- ¾ cups Tostitos Salsa con Queso
- For topping: tortilla chips, sour cream, pickled tame jalapenos, diced tomatoes, diced avocados, grated cheese
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Add chicken on top. Sprinkle the garlic salt, pepper and onion. Dump the rotel, chili beans and queso over the top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove chicken and shred or chop. Stir it back into the pot.
- Serve with desired toppings.
If you’d like to make this with white rice you can. Use a 5 minute pressure cook time and cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 quart pot with no changes. Make in the 3 quart by halving the recipe.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.