Instant Pot Nacho Pot Pie—a mashup of nachos and chicken pot pie create a new and fun meal! Perfect to make with rotisserie chicken or cooked and shredded chicken you have on hand in the freezer.
Instant Pot Nacho Pot Pie
If you want to add some different flavors into traditional chicken pot pie this is a fun way to do it! Nacho pot pie adds in black beans, taco seasoning and corn. Then instead of a traditional pie crust topping you’ll have a “crust” of crushed up tortilla chips and cheese. Digging in through the layer of chips and cheese is so satisfying!
Can I use uncooked chicken? I haven’t tried this myself but I think it would work well. Just add 1 ½ pounds uncooked chicken breasts into the pot in place of rotisserie chicken. Reduce liquid from 3 cups to 2 cups. Then pressure cook for 12 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release. After it’s through cooking you can shred it up.
Can I use another type of beans? We like black beans but pinto beans or white beans would be tasty as well.
What kind of toppings should I use?
- My favorite are the Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers that you can find by the pickles. They give a little burst of flavor but aren’t super spicy
- Sour cream or plain yogurt
- Extra cheese (any kind!)
- Sliced olives
- Diced tomatoes
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- Diced green onions
- Guacamole or avocado
- Shredded lettuce
- Red onions
More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
A mashup of nachos and chicken pot pie create a new and fun meal! Perfect to make with rotisserie chicken or cooked and shredded chicken you have on hand in the freezer.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 3–4 cups rotisserie chicken or cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen corn
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and shallots. Sauté for about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the carrots, taco seasoning, pepper, salt, chicken, black beans and corn.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. In a bowl whisk a little of the flour into the butter until smooth, continue until all flour is whisked in. Then whisk in the milk until smooth. Dip a measuring cup into the Instant Pot and pour some of the hot broth into the butter/flour mixture. Whisk it in until smooth. Pour the whole mixture into the Instant Pot. Stir and let cook until thickened for about 3-4 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle crushed chips on top and then sprinkle on the cheese. Use your air fryer lid to melt the cheese (about 1-2 minutes on 400° F).
- Scoop onto plates and serve. You can top with desired toppings such as diced green onions, jalapenos, more cheese, etc.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Heat a pan over medium high heat on the stove. Add in the oil and shallots. Sauté for about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, carrots, taco seasoning, pepper, salt, chicken, black beans and corn.
- In a bowl whisk a little of the flour into the butter until smooth, continue until all flour is whisked in. Then whisk in the milk until smooth. Dip a measuring cup into the slow cooker and pour some of the broth into the butter/flour mixture. Whisk it in until smooth. Pour the whole mixture into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Sprinkle in cheese and tortilla chips and serve. Top with desired toppings such as diced green onions, jalapenos, more cheese, etc.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.