Instant Pot Million Dollar Casserole—spaghetti brought to a whole new level! Layers of red sauce, ground beef, spaghetti, creamy mixture of cottage cheese and sour cream and cheddar will leave you feeling full and happy! A winning dinner for your family.
Instant Pot Million Dollar Casserole
Mmmm-mmm! When I think about Instant Pot million dollar casserole I want to dive into the pot and eat it all up! It was such a winner at my house. Layers of spaghetti, meat, sauce, cheese and sour cream were enjoyed thoroughly!
I used my cool new Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer* to make this recipe all in one pot. First you brown the meat using the sauté setting. Then you pressure cook the spaghetti (no draining!). Finally you use the air fryer lid to bake the casserole. One pot to do 3 different things! It was so convenient. The traditional way of making this recipe requires browning the meat in a frying pan, boiling the noodles in a pot and then baking in the oven in a 8×8 inch dish. Too many dishes for me! I’ll be making this in the Instant Pot from now on!
- You can use ground beef or ground turkey for this recipe
- I used the last of a box of white, thin spaghetti and some whole wheat spaghetti. You can use whatever you have on hand! I know you can buy spaghetti at the store that has already been broken up too (vermicelli or fideo).
- You can also make this recipe with egg noodles. I would only pressure cook the egg noodles for 1-2 minutes though.
- Use your favorite spaghetti sauce. I used a can of Hunts. I also like Classico sauces.
- If you don’t like cottage cheese try using ricotta cheese or cream cheese.
- I used cheddar to top the casserole but you can also use other types of cheeses like mozzarella, parmesan, monterey jack etc.
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 3/4 cups beef or chicken broth
- 8 oz spaghetti (broken into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Pour broth into the Instant Pot and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add the spaghetti pieces into the pot in a criss-cross fashion. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce equally over the spaghetti. Place butter pieces on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Stir well and pat down into an even layer.
- In a bowl whisk together the sour cream and the cottage cheese. Spoon the mixture over the top of the spaghetti in the Instant Pot. Spread evenly. Spread the remaining spaghetti sauce over the top of the sour cream mixture.
- Cover the Instant Pot with the air fryer lid. Set the bake button to 350° F for 10 minutes. When time is up sprinkle the cheese on top then bake for 5 more minutes.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 Quart Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer* If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can make bake this in the oven. Spread the pressure cooked spaghetti into a baking dish, top with sour cream mixture and spaghetti sauce and then bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350° F. Add the cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.