Instant Pot Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole—potatoes, chicken and corn coated with French onion dip, seasonings, bacon crumbles and cheese. An easy to make but delicious to eat dinner!
Note: the SLOW COOKER instructions are listed in the recipe card below.
Instant Pot Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole
This is a winning recipe! My family scarfed it down and scraped the pot clean. No leftovers in the pot! The potatoes and chicken coated in the French onion dip is simple but surprisingly delicious. With only a 1 minute pressure cook time for the potatoes you’ll love how quickly this dish comes together.
- Yukon gold potatoes–you can also use peeled Russet potatoes or red potatoes
- Cooked, seasoned chicken–rotisserie chicken works well for this recipe. You can also cook the chicken in the Instant Pot ahead of time. See notes section below for instructions on how.
- French onion dip–sour cream based. Find it next to the sour cream at your grocery store. If you can’t find it you can use sour cream instead but you may want to bump up seasonings.
- Corn–I used canned corn but you can also use frozen corn.
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Bacon crumbles–I used packaged bacon crumbles but you can also fry up some bacon and crumble it.
- Shredded cheddar cheese–I like medium or sharp for more flavor. You can also use another cheese of your choice.
- Green onions–or chives
- Pressure cook the potatoes for 1 minute inside a steamer basket*.
- Stir together the potatoes, chicken, French onion dip, corn, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, bacon crumbles and half of the cheese.
- Bake the mixture with the remaining cheese sprinkled on top. You can use your air fryer lid for this step or your oven.
- Serve and enjoy topped with green onions.
- I used my 6 quart Duo Crisp Instant Pot* with air fryer lid.
- I used my silicone steamer basket* to cook the potatoes.
- Rotisserie chicken works well for this recipe. You can also cook chicken in an Instant Pot ahead of time for this recipe. Add 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs into the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. Sprinkle the chicken with seasonings you love (I used McCormick rotisserie chicken seasoning). Pressure cook for 10 minute (for fresh) or 12 minutes (for frozen). Use a 10 minute natural pressure release. Shred or chop the chicken and discard the liquid.
- If you’d like you can use cubed ham in the place of the chicken. I suggest reducing the amount of salt if you use ham.
- You can easily double this recipe for a crowd or halve the recipe for a small group. Just change the ingredient amounts accordingly but keep the cooking times the same. Keep the same amount of water below the steamer basket.
- This recipe can be gluten free. Make sure the French onion dip you buy is labeled gluten-free.
- If you’re trying to cut carbs try using cauliflower florets in the place of the sliced potatoes. Cook for a 0 minute pressure cook time.
More “Loaded” Recipes…
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Loaded Million Dollar Casserole
- Instant Pot Loaded Smashed Taters
- Instant Pot Loaded Frito Taco Soup
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Potatoes, chicken and corn coated with French onion dip, seasonings, bacon crumbles and cheese. An easy to make but delicious to eat dinner!
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 3–4 cups cooked, seasoned chicken (see note)
- 1 cup sour cream based French onion dip
- 1 (16 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup bacon crumbles
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add potatoes into a steamer basket. Lower the steamer basket into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move valve to venting and remove lid.
- Move steamer basket out of the Instant Pot. Discard the water. Dump potatoes into bottom of Instant Pot. Add in cooked chicken, French onion dip, corn, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, bacon crumbles and half of the cheese. Gently stir to coat.
- If you have an air fryer lid: sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Place air fryer lid on top. Cook for 5 minutes at 350° F. If you don’t have an air fryer lid: scrape the mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake in the oven at 400° F for 15 minutes.
- Top with green onions and serve.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Add a half cup of broth, potatoes, chicken, corn, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika into slow cooker. Toss well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the french onion dip and bacon and half of cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and let melt.
- Top with green onions and serve.
Rotisserie chicken works well for this recipe. You can also cook chicken in an Instant Pot ahead of time for this recipe. Add 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs into the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. Sprinkle the chicken with seasonings you love (I used McCormick rotisserie chicken seasoning). Pressure cook for 10 minute (for fresh) or 12 minutes (for frozen). Use a 10 minute natural pressure release. Shred or chop the chicken.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid/Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.