Instant Pot Homemade Rice-A-Roni—Do you love “the San Francisco treat” but want to make it from scratch? Make this super easy version of Rice-A-Roni in your Instant Pot! It’s the perfect side dish for so many meals.
Get the SLOW COOKER rice-a-roni recipe here
Instant Pot Homemade Rice-A-Roni
When I was growing up, from time to time we would have Rice-A-Roni served alongside our protein and veggie at dinner. I love the flavor that these little boxes have but wanted to see if I could make something similar with own (known) seasonings. And I thought, it would be a super bonus if I could make it in one pot…the Instant Pot! It turned out super yum (not to mention easy) and I think you’ll agree that you’ll no longer be buying a box anymore!
More Side Recipes You’ll Love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Homemade Rice-A-Roni I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Do you love “the San Francisco treat” but want to make it from scratch? Make this super easy version of Rice-A-Roni in your Instant Pot! It’s the perfect side dish for so many meals.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti (whole wheat is okay)
- ½ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add in the butter and swirl it around until it is melted. Turn off the Instant Pot. Add in the rice and stir to coat the rice with the butter. Break up the spaghetti into half inch pieces. Add in the spaghetti. Stir.
- Sprinkle in the parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, kosher salt and bay leaf. Pour the broth over the top.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.