Instant Pot Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice–this quickly cooked seasoned rice made in you pressure cooker is just like Cafe Rio’s and it makes the perfect addition to any Mexican dish for dinner.
Instant Pot Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice
Today’s recipe for Instant Pot Café Rio Cilantro Lime Rice is a good one. If you’re not familiar with Café Rio it’s a really great fresh Mexican joint here and it is our go-to restaurant. But sometimes it’s fun to throw a party and make a homemade Café Rio dinner. In fact, I’m doing that today (recipe for Instant Pot Café Rio Chicken is coming soon)! I love this rice because it can be made soooo quickly in the Instant Pot. You only need 8 minutes of cooking time. It takes a total time of 18 minutes in the pot. But that is totally HANDS OFF time. You can be chopping up lettuce or preparing guacamole or doing a million other things while this rice cooks.
I have decided that the Instant Pot is the best way to make rice! I love it! I’ve made brown rice already in it and it turned out beautifully. In fact the Instant Pot is a terrific way to cook a lot of grains like wheat berries or steel cut oatmeal. What shall I try next? Barley? Quinoa? If you can’t tell I’m really loving my new Instant Pot toy. What would you like to see me cook next?
More Café Rio Copycat Recipes
Slow Cooker Café Rio Pulled Pork by Oh Sweet Basil
Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette by Our Best Bites
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Instant Pot Café Rio Cilantro Lime Rice recipe I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot and Instant Pot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.Print
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 2/3 cup white rice
- 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Press the sauté function on your Instant Pot. Melt the butter and then add in the onion. Cook until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add in the water, rice, bouillon, cumin, green chiles, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Turn off the sauté function. Cover the pot and turn it to manual. Press the timer to 8 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” When the timer beeps let the pot sit for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the valve gently to “venting.” If any foam comes out then turn the valve back to sealing and try again in a minute to release the pressure. Once pressure is released remove the lid and stir a bit and then serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Potfor this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!