Get the INSTANT POT Homemade Rice-A-Roni here
Homemade Slow Cooker Rice-A-Roni
When I was growing up, from time to time we would have Rice-A-Roni served alongside our protein and veggie at dinner. I love the flavor that these little boxes have but wanted to see if I could make something similar with whole grains and my own (known) seasonings. And I thought, it would be a super bonus if I could make it in one pot…the slow cooker! It turned out super yum and I think you’ll agree that you’ll no longer be buying a box anymore!
You might also like…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make slow cooker homemade rice-a-roni I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.Print
Do you love “the San Francisco treat” but want to make it from scratch? Make this super easy version of Rice-A-Roni in your slow cooker! It’s the perfect side dish for so many meals.
- Break up the spaghetti into ½ inch pieces and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add in the brown rice and melted butter. Stir to coat the spaghetti and rice with butter.
- Add in parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, bay leaf, thyme, and salt to the slow cooker.
- Carefully pour broth over the top so that it covers all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours or on LOW for about 4 hours. Gently stir and then serve.
- Category: Side
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.