Instant Pot Farmer’s Delight Casserole–beef and noodle casserole with cabbage, corn and creamed cheese. This dinner comes together quickly and it’s a one pot meal!
Instant Pot Farmer’s Delight Casserole
The magic of the Instant Pot doesn’t get old for me. Especially with one pot pasta meals. You throw everything in the pot and come back later to a meal. You don’t have to wait for water to boil or worry about using a colander to drain the pasta water. It’s so cool!
This type of recipe certainly comes in handy this time of year for busy parents when there are end of year concerts, spring sports, exams etc. Dinner still needs to happen and if you’re not looking to blow the budget by heading to a drive-thru every night then your Instant Pot will truly come in handy.
This recipe for Instant Pot Farmers Delight is taken from an old church cookbook. It’s a hamburger and noodle casserole type of recipe that I’ve added a few things into. I’m not sure why it’s called Farmers Delight. Perhaps because this is a type of recipe that could be made and served for a mid-day meal on the farm??? My Grandma lives on a farm and would always make a big meal for her 11 kids and husband and it was often a casserole of sorts (along with freshly baked bread). It would feed a crowd and not break their lean budget. Well, whatever it’s called it was a delicious dinner!
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Beef and noodle casserole with cabbage, corn and creamed cheese. This dinner comes together quickly and it’s a one pot meal!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 8 oz penne rigate pasta
- 3–4 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 (8.25) oz can creamed corn
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and onion. Use a spoon to break up the beef. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off sauté setting.
- Pour in the pasta and use a spoon to gently press it down, don’t stir.
- Add cabbage, peppers, creamed corn and cream cheese on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for about 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Stir well. Season to taste. Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.