Jackie Kennedy’s Casserole (Instant Pot Version)–a simple noodle casserole (officially known as Mrs. John F, Kennedy’s Casserole Marie Blanche) that was supposedly served by the first lady during her stay in the White House. This casserole uses basic ingredients and comes together quickly with the help of your Instant Pot and air fryer lid.
Jackie Kennedy’s Casserole (Instant Pot Version)
It is reported that Jackie O served this side dish of sour cream egg noodles and chives while she stayed in the White House. On one occasion she served the dish at a private dinner to the Prince and Princess Radziwill (her sister and brother-in-law).
This casserole is very simple. It has basic ingredients that you are likely to find in your refrigerator and pantry. To make the Instant Pot version of Jackie O’s casserole you’ll need…
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Egg noodles and broth
- Cottage cheese and sour cream
- Chopped chives
You’ll pressure cook the egg noodles in broth and then stir in the remaining ingredients. At that point you can eat as is or you can bake the casserole in the oven or use your air fryer lid. There’s no layering or browning or extra steps. You don’t even have to grate cheese. It’s pretty easy!
This dish is more of a side dish type of casserole than a main dish casserole. It pairs well with pork chops, steak or grilled chicken breast. If you’d like to make it more of a main dish you could brown a pound of ground beef in the Instant Pot on the sauté setting. Deglaze the pot with the broth and then follow the recipe as stated in the recipe card below. Another option that I think would be ultra tasty is to add in sliced smoked sausage.
Try these other Instant Pot recipes too
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
A simple noodle casserole that was supposedly served by the first lady during her stay in the White House. This casserole uses basic ingredients and comes together quickly with the help of your Instant Pot and air fryer lid.
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 3 1/2 cups water + 1 Tbsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 1 (12 oz) package egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into 8 pieces
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Dump the noodles into the pot. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Some of the egg noodles might be a little crunchy, it’s okay.
- Stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chives.
- If you have an air fryer lid then place the pieces of butter randomly on top of the noodles. Then place the air fryer lid on top. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 350° F. You can also pile the noodles into a casserole dish, dot with butter and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350° F.
If served as a side dish this serves about 8. If it’s the main dish it will serve 4-6.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid
Pin this recipe for later!
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.