Instant Pot Creamy Sausage Parmesan Pasta–curly al dente pasta is enveloped in a creamy sauce with bites of baby spinach, petite tomatoes and Italian sausage.
Instant Pot Creamy Sausage Parmesan Pasta
Last time I went to Smith’s (Kroger) I found this new cool looking pasta called Italian Trottole. It reminds me of tortellini, except not stuffed with anything. I knew immediately that I needed to make a stellar Instant Pot pasta recipe with it. And that is what I did. Of course you can make this recipe with another type of pasta too. For example, cavatappi, cellentani or penne pasta would be amazing.
For this recipe, I picked up some Italian sausage. Another option is to use a spicy chicken sausage. A reader was telling me about how great the chicken sausage is from Costco.
I decided to throw a pop of green into the recipe by adding in some baby spinach. If you’re a kale fan you can swap out the spinach with kale leaves.
If your family is like mine they will scrape the pot clean! We all loved this creamy pasta dish.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Sausage Parmesan Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Curly al dente pasta is enveloped in a creamy sauce with bites of baby spinach, petite tomatoes and Italian sausage.
- 16 ounces (1 pound) Italian sausage (or spicy chicken sausage)
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) Italian trottole pasta (you can also use cavatappi, penne, rigatoni etc.)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup half and half, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Cornstarch + cold water
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the sausage. Use a wooden spoon (or this utensil*) to break up the meat. Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the chicken broth.
- Add in the pasta. Dump the garlic powder, sage and tomatoes on top of pasta.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the time is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the half and half and parmesan cheese. Stir in the spinach until it has wilted down.
- If you’d like to thicken the sauce, use cornstarch. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Then simply stir 1-2 Tbsp of cornstarch together with equal parts cold water. It should be smooth. Stir the mixture into the pot and the sauce should thicken up very quickly.
- Scoop the pasta into bowls and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make gluten free: Double check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Substitute noodles for GF noodles and decrease cook time by 1 minute.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 562
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1063 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Protein: 27 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Sausage Parmesan Pasta? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.