Creamy noodles with ground beef, tomato sauce, cream cheese and parmesan cheese. An easy pasta dish that is made in minutes in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 16 ounces (1 pound) uncooked cavatappi pasta (you can also use penne or macaroni)
- 3 ½ cups water
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brown: Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef. Break it up with a spoon (I use this tool*). Add in the onion, salt and garlic powder. Brown the meat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in ingredients: Add in the tomato sauce and stir. Add in the pasta and the water and stir.
- Pressure cook: Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure (if you’re halving the recipe use 4 minutes). When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Cream dairy: In a medium size bowl add the cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream. Use a hand mixer to cream the mixture together. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Stir in dairy: Stir the cheese mixture into the Instant Pot. Coat the noodles well.
- Serve: Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can use an 8 quart with no changes. If you use a 3 quart mini halve the recipe and use 4 minutes pressure cooking time.
If you have frozen beef place one cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot and then a trivet. Place the frozen meat on the trivet and set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and when it’s done use a quick release. This will thaw the meat enough for you to start step 1 in the recipe.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian