Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup–A creamy tortellini soup with chicken, vegetables and parmesan cheese. If you love chicken alfredo you’ll love this soup!
Get the SLOW COOKER chicken alfredo tortellini recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup
I know I say this a lot but this is my new favorite soup! For reals. I can see me making this soup many times in the future for company, neighbors and potlucks. It is a crowd pleaser! My whole family loved this soup and we were happy I made a big batch so we could have leftovers the next day.
A few notes:
Can I halve the recipe? The recipe as it is written makes a lot! However if you’re wanting to serve a smaller group you can easily halve the recipe. Just halve all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
Chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. If you use thighs increase the cooking time by 2 minutes. If you want to use cooked chicken you can. You can add it in at the beginning and then pressure cook for only 5 minutes.
Frozen Tortellini. I usually find the frozen tortellini by the frozen breads. I like frozen tortellini because it stays good in my freezer until I’m ready to use it. I haven’t tried this recipe with fresh tortellini yet. If you use fresh tortellini the cooking time for the tortellini will be longer than the stated 2 minutes. It will probably be closer to 7 minutes. I haven’t tried dried tortellini with this recipe and I probably won’t ever. I don’t like the aftertaste of dried tortellini.
Kale. I like kale for this soup because it holds up well and adds a bright pop of green. If you don’t like kale you can also use spinach. One other thought I had was using a bag of frozen broccoli and adding it in with the frozen tortellini. Yum!
Half and Half. Half and half is a dairy product that is found next to the milk and cream at the grocery store. It is half cream and half whole milk. You can also use whole milk for this recipe.
More Instant Pot soup recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A creamy tortellini soup with chicken, vegetables and parmesan cheese. If you love chicken alfredo you’ll love this soup!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 celery ribs, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 ½ cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 large kale leaves, washed and coarsely chopped (discard the stem)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around. Add in the onion and saute for about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth.
- Add in the carrots, celery, salt, pepper and chicken. Turn off the saute setting.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes for thawed chicken or 12 minutes for frozen chicken on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes (display will read L0:05) and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred or cut the chicken into pieces. Add the chicken back into the pot.
- Warm the half and half (I just do this in the microwave for 1 minute). Whisk the flour a tablespoon at a time into the half and half until it is a smooth mixture. Pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. The soup will thicken up fairly quickly.
- Stir in the tortellini. The frozen tortellini only take about 2 minutes to cook.
- Stir in the parmesan and kale.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe can easily be halved. Just halve all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/10 of the recipe
- Calories: 413
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 1216 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Cholesterol: 104 mg
Keywords: instant pot recipe
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.