Instant Pot Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup is a creamy, dreamy potato soup with browned ground beef, onions, carrots and cream cheese. It’s made quickly in your electric pressure cooker. Perfect served with a side salad and a bread stick.
Get the SLOW COOKER creamy potato hamburger soup recipe here
Instant Pot Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup
I needed to make soup for my neighbor who was sick and came up with this delight! It is seriously so tasty. My neighbor called me an hour later to get the recipe, she loved it so much! That made me so happy.
This recipe is like potato soup but it has cream cheese in it. Everything tastes better with cream cheese. Ah yeah! Oh and it has ground beef which gives the soup a lot of flavor and makes it more of an all in one meal. If you want to bulk it up you could use 1 ½ pounds of beef instead of just one pound. You could also use ground turkey or ground chicken in the place of ground beef.
Make this soup soon you will absolutely love it! You can double the recipe if you have an 8 quart or halve the recipe if you have a 3 quart. Just keep the cooking time the same.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A creamy, dreamy potato soup with browned ground beef, onions, carrots and cream cheese. It’s made quickly in your electric pressure cooker. Perfect served with a side salad and a bread stick.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and cubed Russet potatoes
- 3 carrots, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 celery ribs, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) brick of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups milk, warmed
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef. Break it up*. Add in the onion, garlic powder and salt and let the onion get soft while the beef browns. Drain off any excess grease. Depending on how lean your ground beef is, there may not be any. Add in the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pot.
2. While the broth heats up in the pot prepare your potatoes, carrots and celery. Add them to the pot. Add in the basil and parsley.
3. Cover and pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 3 minutes (if you don’t have a soup button use the manual/pressure cook button). When the time is up let the pot sit there for an additional 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
4. Turn the saute setting on. Stir in the cream cheese until it is melted. In a glass measuring cup warm up the milk in the microwave for a minute (or on the stove). This will prevent curdling. Stir the cornstarch into the milk until smooth. Stir the milk into the Instant Pot. This will thicken the soup a bit.
5. Once soup is thickened salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is gluten free. Just double check the chicken broth.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 443
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1039 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Potato Hamburger Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.