A creamy soup with ground beef, spinach, carrots and cheesy tortellini. Make it all in one pot and in just a few minutes with your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 carrots, sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 4 cups beef broth
- 10 ounces frozen cheese tortellini (or fresh)
- 2 cups half and half, warmed
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach or kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and onion. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease spoon it off or drain it with a colander. Add in the spices (garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper) and stir them into the beef. Add in the carrots, celery and broth. Stir a little.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 5 minutes (or the manual/pressure cook button). When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes (display will say L0:05) and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Press the cancel button and then press the saute button. Add in your tortellini. Usually if the liquid is boiling it only takes 2 minutes for frozen tortellini to cook (for fresh it will take longer).
- Stir your cornstarch into your warmed half and half until it is smooth and creamy. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch will help thicken the soup in a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Taste test and then add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot