Instant Pot Chuck Wagon Stack—layers of chili, cheese and tortillas topped off with shredded lettuce, red onions, sour cream and diced tomatoes.
Instant Pot Chuck Wagon Stack
A super fun dinner idea! This layered chili and tortilla pie looks like it’s a lot harder to make than it is. You simply brown the ground beef, stir in seasonings and chili and then layer tortillas, meat mixture and cheese in a springform pan. While the chuck wagon stack is cooking in the pressure cooker you can prepare your toppings. Shred lettuce, dice tomatoes, chop red onions and get the sour cream ready to be dolloped.
I love releasing the spring form pan’s rim to reveal the layers of the chuck wagon stack. It’s so satisfying. If you don’t have a spring form pan you can make this in a 7 inch cake pan (like the fat daddios 7×3* or 7×4* inch pans). You just won’t be able to see the layers and slice the pie as easily. It will still taste amazing!
More Ground Beef Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Layers of chili, cheese and tortillas topped off with shredded lettuce, red onions, sour cream and diced tomatoes.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 (15 oz) can chili, chili beans or drained pinto beans
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 (6-7 inch) flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced red onions and diced tomatoes
- In your Instant Pot on the sauté setting or in a pan on the stove brown the ground beef and drain any excess grease.
- Stir the garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, chili and bbq sauce into the beef.
- In a 7 inch springform pan* place one of the tortillas into bottom of pan, spread ⅓ of the meat mixture on top of tortilla and then ⅓ of the cheese. Repeat 2 more times and end with a tortilla.
- Cover the pan with foil. Place the pan on top of a trivet/sling.
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of the Instant Pot. (If you used the Instant Pot to brown the beef clean out the pot first).
- Lower the sling with the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting and remove the lid. Remove the pan and the foil.
- Remove the rim of the springform pan.
- Top with shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced red onions and diced tomatoes. Slice and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. To make in the 8 quart pot, use 1.5 cups water in bottom of pot under the trivet.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.