Layers of chili, cheese and tortillas topped off with shredded lettuce, red onions, sour cream and diced tomatoes.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 (15 oz) can chili, chili beans or drained pinto beans
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 (6-7 inch) flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced red onions and diced tomatoes
- In your Instant Pot on the sauté setting or in a pan on the stove brown the ground beef and drain any excess grease.
- Stir the garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, chili and bbq sauce into the beef.
- In a 7 inch springform pan* place one of the tortillas into bottom of pan, spread ⅓ of the meat mixture on top of tortilla and then ⅓ of the cheese. Repeat 2 more times and end with a tortilla.
- Cover the pan with foil. Place the pan on top of a trivet/sling.
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of the Instant Pot. (If you used the Instant Pot to brown the beef clean out the pot first).
- Lower the sling with the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting and remove the lid. Remove the pan and the foil.
- Remove the rim of the springform pan.
- Top with shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced red onions and diced tomatoes. Slice and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. To make in the 8 quart pot, use 1.5 cups water in bottom of pot under the trivet.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot