Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole–a creamy sauce envelopes chicken tenderloins, noodles and mushrooms and then the dish is topped with shredded cheese and panko breadcrumbs.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Casserole
This creamy chicken pasta casserole is super fast and easy and tastes great. It is a crowd pleaser, for sure. I like to do the Instant Pot steps then pour everything into a 9×13 inch pan and sprinkle on the cheese and panko. I cover the pan tightly with foil and then refrigerate or freeze until I want to bake it. This makes it a perfect option to bring to a friend for dinner or for prepping dinner ahead of time.
- I used frozen egg noodles which are almost like thick, homemade fettuccine noodles. I find them in the frozen food section by the frozen breads. They work best when you lay them on a plate about 30 minutes before you want to use. Let them thaw out and then peel them apart from each other.
- Try using another type of noodle besides egg noodles. Some ideas are cavatappi, rotini, elbow macaroni, penne, bowties, etc.
- I sprinkled McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic All Purpose Seasoning* on top of the chicken. It is one of my favorite seasoning blends! Try it!
- I used my 6 quart Duo Crisp + Air Fryer*. You can also make this in the 8 or 3 quart pot.
- I used boneless chicken tenderloins because of convenience. They taste so good when cooked in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes. If you’d like you can also cut up boneless breasts or thighs into chunks instead.
- If you’d prefer, you can make homemade cream of chicken soup instead of using canned.
- I like chopping the mushrooms* so that picky kids don’t even know they are in there!
- You can forego the cheese and panko and just stir and serve right after it is done pressure cooking. For more of a casserole feel add the cheese and panko and bake.
More Chicken and Pasta Instant Pot Recipes…
Instant Pot Crazy Good Casserole—chicken, cheese and bacon?! A sure crowd pleaser!
Instant Pot Family Delight—chicken, spaghetti and cream cheese baked until bubbly.
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta—curly pasta is enveloped in a creamy parmesan, basil and cream cheese sauce with bites of sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and tender chunks of chicken.
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A creamy sauce envelopes chicken tenderloins, noodles and mushrooms and then the dish is topped with shredded cheese and panko breadcrumbs.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 12 ounces frozen or dry egg noodles
- 1 to 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (fresh not frozen)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning
- 4 ounces chopped mushrooms
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says hot add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the water and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Stir in the Better than Bouillon.
- Add in the noodles. If using frozen noodles you’ll want to thaw them enough that you can break them apart from each other.
- Add the chicken on top of the noodles so that the noodles are covered. Sprinkle a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and poultry seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Dump the mushrooms, cream of chicken and cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. If you have an air fryer lid then sprinkle the cheese and panko on top and place the air fryer lid on top. Bake for 3 minutes at 400° F until cheese is melted. If you don’t have an air fryer lid pour the chicken and noodles into a 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle the cheese and panko on top. Broil in the oven for 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.