All the flavors of chicken enchiladas in a bowl of soup. The soup is thickened up with a can of refried beans instead of dairy…this soup can be made dairy free if you want it to be. This version is made in your electric pressure cooker in just a few minutes.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce (mild, medium or hot…whatever you like)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 4 oz cream cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, grated cheddar, tortilla or corn chips
- Add chicken broth, black beans, corn, green chiles, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, cumin and chicken into your Instant Pot. Give it a quick stir.
- Cover your Instant Pot and secure the lid. Press the manual or pressure cook button and set the timer to 10 minutes. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to “venting.” Remove the lid.
- Take out the chicken and shred it on a cutting board. Add it back into the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the can of refried beans until the soup is creamy and smooth. If you want, stir in the cream cheese at this point. You can use the saute setting on your Instant Pot to help melt the cream cheese quicker.
- Salt and pepper the soup to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use frozen chicken breasts. The cooking time will remain the same.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot