1 cup chicken broth
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce (mild, medium or hot…whatever you like)
1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (frozen is fine, just cook 2 hours longer)
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
Salt and pepper
Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, grated cheddar, tortilla or corn chips
1. Add broth, beans, corn, chiles, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, cumin, and chicken to the slow cooker. Give a quick stir.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked and tender.
3. Remove the chicken and shred. Stir refried beans into the hot soup until creamy. Add chicken back into the slow cooker.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle into servings bowls and top with individual toppings.
P.S. Like slow cooker soups? Check out all my crockpot soup recipes here: