Instant Pot Cheesecake Factory Cashew Chicken–an easy version of restaurant-style cashew chicken that’s a little spicy and a little sweet and really fast and easy to make.
Instant Pot Cheesecake Factory Cashew Chicken
This is an easy Instant Pot version of cashew chicken. Almost as good as what you can order at a restaurant! Maybe better because it doesn’t cost $12 a serving! It’s a little spicy but nothing that my wimpy kid couldn’t handle. It’s a tiny bit sweet but not over the top. It takes just a few minutes to get going…cut up the chicken, pour the sauce over the top and set it to go! Stir in some cashews and eat up! We served ours with brown rice and steamed vegetables.
This recipe is great to prep ahead of time for a super FAST dinner. Just cut up the chicken and stir up the sauce and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to cook. Then pour it all in your Instant Pot when you’re ready for dinner. This is what I did because we are staying in a VRBO this week and wanted to cook our own meals. It worked so well!
I used chicken thighs for this recipe because they stay more moist and tender. You can also use chicken breasts cubes, but only cook for 3 minutes with a 5 minute natural pressure release.
You’ll also like these recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
An easy version of restaurant-style cashew chicken that’s a little spicy and a little sweet and really fast and easy to make.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Trim the chicken of excess fat. Cut chicken into bite size cubes. Add into Instant Pot.
- Stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, broth, sriracha, brown sugar, garlic and cayenne pepper. Pour into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and lock lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the cornstarch together with the water until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to sauté and stir in the cornstarch slurry. Once sauce has thickened turn off Instant Pot. Stir in the cashews.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice and top with more crushed cashews, if desired.
Make this in your 3 or 6 quart pot.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.