An easy version of restaurant-style cashew chicken that’s a little spicy and a little sweet and really fast and easy to make.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Trim the chicken of excess fat. Cut chicken into bite size cubes. Add into Instant Pot.
- Stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, broth, sriracha, brown sugar, garlic and cayenne pepper. Pour into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and lock lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the cornstarch together with the water until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to sauté and stir in the cornstarch slurry. Once sauce has thickened turn off Instant Pot. Stir in the cashews.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice and top with more crushed cashews, if desired.
Make this in your 3 or 6 quart pot.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot