Instant Pot Cashew Chicken–this cashew chicken is just as good as your favorite Chinese restaurant. It’s super easy and flavorful and it’s all made in the comfort of your own kitchen. The instant pot speeds up the process and helps get dinner on the table in minutes.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
When I cooked every day for a year in my slow cooker I came across many wonderful slow cooker recipes. The slow cooker cashew chicken was one of my family’s favorite. Now that I have an Instant Pot I wanted to see if I could make cashew chicken in the pressure cooker to speed things up a bit for those days when I haven’t planned ahead. I changed a few things around in the recipe to account for the differences in IP and the slow cooker. It turned out really nicely. We served ours over rice with a side of broccoli.
Try these other Instant Pot recipes
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Instant Pot Savory Pork Burrito Bowls
Instant Pot Turkey Lentil Chili
Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken from Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice
Pin this recipe for later!
What Instant Pot Did You Use?
To make instant pot cashew chicken I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
This cashew chicken is just as good as your favorite Chinese restaurant. It’s super easy and flavorful and it’s all made in the comfort of your own kitchen. The instant pot speeds up the process and helps get dinner on the table in minutes.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger (fresh)
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup cashews
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Use kitchen shears to cut all excess fat off the chicken thighs. Then cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Place them in the Instant Pot.
- Add in the pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper. Stir to really coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cover the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual timer to 8 minutes on high pressure. When the timer goes off do a quick release.
- Once you can remove the lid, do so. In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water. Stir the slurry into the instant pot. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. The sauce will thicken in just a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the cashews. Serve chicken topped with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Send Me Free Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love instant pot/crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!