This cashew chicken is just as good as your favorite Chinese restaurant. It’s super easy and flavorful and it’s all made in the comfort of your own kitchen. The instant pot speeds up the process and helps get dinner on the table in minutes.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger (fresh)
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup cashews
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Use kitchen shears to cut all excess fat off the chicken thighs. Then cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Place them in the Instant Pot.
- Add in the pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper. Stir to really coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cover the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 6 minutes on high pressure. When the timer goes off let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Once you can remove the lid, do so. In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water. Stir the slurry into the instant pot. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. The sauce will thicken in just a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the cashews. Serve chicken topped with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian