Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein—an easy make-at-home version of your favorite Chinese takeout meal. Spaghetti, bites of chicken and lots of veggies are pulled together with a savory asian sauce.
Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein
My family used to love going to Pei Wei and getting the lo mein but the restaurant by our house went out of business. No worries though because this Instant Pot chicken lo mein is really tasty and super fast and easy to make. Plus it’s a lot cheaper.
This recipe uses a bag of frozen stir fry veggies for sake of easiness. I really like the stir fry veggies from Costco. I love the water chestnuts and the snow peas! I just stirred the frozen veggies straight into the pot after the chicken and pasta had pressure cooked. The hot food steamed the veggies quickly and cooked them to my desired doneness. If you like your veggies more cooked instead of crisp you may want to steam the veggies before adding them into the pot. I didn’t pressure cook the veggies because they would have turned to mush.
I like to use dark meat chicken for this recipe because it stays juicy and tender. If you’re not a fan of dark meat you can use chicken breasts instead. The cooking time will remain the same. Just make sure to cut the chicken into bite size chunks so that it cooks at the same rate as the spaghetti noodles.
In order to prevent the spaghetti from clumping together make sure to fan it out and lay it in a criss cross pattern. Also try to get as much of the spaghetti under the liquid as possible.
More Recipes You’ll Love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
An easy make-at-home version of your favorite Chinese takeout meal. Spaghetti, bites of chicken and lots of veggies are pulled together with a savory asian sauce.
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 ½ Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 1 ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 (12 oz) bag of frozen stir fry vegetables
- Pour broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Break the spaghetti in half and lay it into the Instant Pot in a criss cross pattern. This will help keep the spaghetti from sticking together.
- Add the chicken into the pot on top of the spaghetti. In a bowl stir together the soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, ginger and oil. Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the saute function on. Add in the veggies and stir. They’ll cook in a few minutes. You can also steam the veggies separately before adding them in.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and serve and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot. You can make this recipe in a 3 quart pot with no changes. If you make this in your 8 quart increase the broth to 2 cups.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.