Instant Pot Beef Fried Rice—a fast and easy way to make fried rice. My version has a pound of browned ground beef.
Instant Pot Beef Fried Rice (Video)
Why get take out when you can make it at your house for cheaper and almost just as fast? If you’re reading my blog I probably don’t have to convince you. You know the awesomeness of the Instant Pot and how you can cook white rice in a 3 minute pressure cook time. 3 minutes! I still can’t get over that.
This Instant Pot beef fried rice can be a side dish or a whole meal. To make it more of a meal you can add in a package of stir-fry frozen veggies or perhaps some broccoli florets. Really this recipe is just a base for you to get started.
What if I want to use a different type of rice? I knew you’d ask! Follow this chart below for cooking times and broth to rice ratios and adjust accordingly. If you want to use brown basmati rice use the recommendations for brown rice.
More Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Beef Fried Rice I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A fast and easy way to make fried rice. My version has a pound of browned ground beef.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups frozen peas (optional)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef. Break it up*. Add in the salt. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the broth. Add in the rice, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then release the pressure by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir the rice so that it doesn’t burn. When the Instant Pot says HOT make a well in the middle of the rice and add in the eggs. Scramble the eggs and then stir them into the rice. Turn off the pot.
- If using peas run hot water over them in a colander and then stir them into the rice. The hot rice will cook them quickly. Season to taste with extra salt and pepper and soy sauce, if needed.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
You can add in many other items to your fried rice according to your preference. For example, stir fry veggies, peppers, fresh garlic, ginger and green onion are all tasty ideas.
If you want to use a different type of rice see the green chart above.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.