Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup–an easy, healthy and delicious soup with ground beef (or turkey) and vegetables. A perfect soup to make on a winter day. The leftovers are a great lunch the next day too!
Get the SLOW COOKER vegetable beef soup recipe here
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
Today is just a day that calls for soup. It’s been snowing all morning here and I really don’t want to leave the house.
If you’re trying to get away from the creamy soups and perhaps eat a little lighter this Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is a great choice. It fills you up and satisfies without a ton of calories.
I just ate some of the leftovers for lunch and it was even better the next day. Now I’m wishing I would have doubled the recipe!
This recipe can easily be made gluten free. And you can use ground beef or ground turkey…it’s up to you. If you have a bag of frozen veggies throw them in too. It’s a really versatile recipe.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot (no changes) or in a 3 quart pot (halve the ingredients, keep the same cooking time).Print
An easy, healthy and delicious soup with ground beef (or turkey) and vegetables. A perfect soup to make on a winter day. The leftovers are a great lunch the next day too!
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- 3 ribs of celery, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef (or turkey) and break it up*. Add in the onion. Add in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, parsley and oregano. Stir in the spices. Brown the beef. If there is any excess grease spoon it off or drain it with a colander.
- Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Add in the tomatoes, bay leaf, potatoes, celery, carrots and tomato paste.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 4 minutes (or the manual/pressure cook button). When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Option: Instead of adding carrots into the pot initially could add in a bag of frozen mixed veggies after the soup has pressure cooked. The hot liquid will cook the frozen veggies in just a few minutes. You can use the saute setting to cook them even quicker.
To make this gluten free: Double check your beef broth to be sure it is gluten free. Swanson’s Organic Beef Broth says gluten free and no msg right on the front of the box. Most tomato pastes are gluten free but check the can just in case.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot (no changes) or in a 3 quart pot (halve the ingredients, keep the same cooking time).
Keywords: Instant Pot, soup
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.