Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Broccoli Pesto Tortellini–with just a few ingredients and a 1-minute pressure cook time you can have an amazing pesto pasta one-pot dinner!
Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Broccoli Pesto Tortellini
It’s safe to say this was a winning dinner at our house! We are big fans of pesto and how can you not like tortellini? The broccoli adds in some color and nutrition and if you want some protein you can add in a couple cups of rotisserie chicken. With a very short 1 minute pressure cooking time this dump and go recipe can be ready to serve within 20 minutes of starting it. I give this dinner 5 stars! I hope you try it out soon.
- Chicken broth–or water and Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini–in the refrigerated section of grocery store. I have not tried this with frozen tortellini. I believe it would work and I would use the same cooking time.
- Broccoli florets–fresh broccoli is best, I think frozen broccoli may get overcooked.
- Chopped, cooked chicken–I used Costco rotisserie chicken. You can also make this a meatless meal and leave out the chicken.
- Basil pesto–I buy this at Costco
- Shredded parmesan cheese
The Basic Steps
- Dump ingredients into pot: Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Dump the tortellini, broccoli and chicken into the pot.
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir in the pesto and parmesan.
- Serve: Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Serve with a side salad or some fruit.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- You can also make this with fresh refrigerated ravioli.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with pesto are Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Rice Soup and Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Risotto.
More Instant Pot Tortellini Recipes
Instant Pot Tuscan Tortellini Soup
Instant Pot Tuscan Tortellini Soup is a creamy tomato based soup with white beans, tortellini, spinach and tender bites of chicken. Take one bite of this soup and you’ll quickly agree that this soup rocks the house.
Instant Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini
A super easy recipe that can be make with just 5-ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time.
Instant Pot Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup
A creamy soup with ground beef, spinach, carrots and cheesy tortellini. Make it all in one pot and in just a few minutes with your electric pressure cooker.
Easy Instant Pot Tortellini Lasagna
Easy Instant Pot Tortellini Lasagna—delicious flavors of lasagna with hardly any of the work. This recipe only has 6 ingredients. It is fast and easy and tastes so good! It will quickly become a family favorite. Pin this recipe for later! Related: Get the SLOW COOKER tortellini lasagna recipe here Easy Instant Pot Tortellini Lasagna
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
With just a few ingredients and a 1-minute pressure cook time you can have an amazing pesto pasta one-pot dinner!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) package Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini (in the refrigerated section of grocery store)
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (optional)
- 3/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Dump the tortellini, broccoli and chicken into the pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir in the pesto and parmesan.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.