Instant Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce is a super easy recipe that can be make with just 5-ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time.
Get the SLOW COOKER Italian Sausage Tortellini recipe here
Instant Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce
With just a few ingredients you can have a truly amazing dinner! Everyone at my house loved this dinner so very much! The tortellini is covered with lots of sauce and the flavor from the Italian sausage is spot on. This is going to be a new staple at my house!
I used frozen tortellini from Smith’s. If you’re having trouble finding it look next to the frozen breads. I have not yet tried this recipe with fresh tortellini. I believe that it would work but I can’t say for sure. Let me know if you try it!
I used mild ground Italian sausage because I don’t like too much spiciness in my food but if you like your food with a little heat then use hot Italian sausage.
Make sure to use crushed tomatoes and not diced tomatoes or tomato sauce. The crushed tomatoes make such a perfect sauce…not totally smooth but not chunky either.
This is one of those weird 0 minute pressure cook recipes. But I kind of love the feeling of pushing the minus button down and down and down until it reaches zero!
I served this Instant Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce with a salad. I love the light Olive Garden dressing and so do my kids. It makes a plain salad so yummy! I also really love the light balsamic Newman’s Own dressing.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A super easy recipe that can be make with just 5-ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (I used mild)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the sausage. Break it up with a wooden spoon (I use this tool*). Add in the diced onion.
- Once the sausage is browned and the onion is soft add in the beef broth (or water) and deglaze the pot.
- Pour the frozen tortellini evenly over the top. Dump the tomatoes evenly over the top of the tortellini. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to zero minutes (just push the minus (-) button until it gets to zero).
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the half and half.
- Scoop onto plates or bowls and sprinkle each individual serving with 1 1/2 Tbsp of mozzarella cheese, if desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Remember that when using Instant Pot it takes anywhere from 5-20 minutes to pressurize!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 1303 mg
- Fat: 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 87 mg
Keywords: instant pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.